Need a Renters or Homeowners Insurance Comparison?
Your home is your refuge! Let us help you protect it with comprehensive house insurance protection. Offering options in homeowners insurance and renters insurance, we give you the peace of mind you need to know that you, your loved ones, your home, and your belongings are safeguarded in the event of an unexpected accident or peril.
If you’re like most homeowners in the Saginaw area, your home is your most valuable asset. When your home gets damaged, you want your claim settled by an insurance company that understands the importance of your home and treats you fairly.
Renters need coverage too! Your family and personal belongings are valuable to you. Find an insurance company that values them too!
Safeguard Insurance Agency can help you find the home insurance or renters insurance policy that will best meet your needs. Choose a policy that will provide you with the most valuable combination of tailored coverage, quality service, and competitive pricing.
Regardless of whether you live in Saginaw, Tawas City, Oscoda, Bay City, Midland, or any other part of Michigan, these types of insurance are one of the most important insurance policies you could ever own.
But where do you start? No two homeowners insurance policies are created equal. Different insurance companies and providers offer different levels of coverage and endorsements and have different conditions and limitations.
Contact us directly to get a quote on renters and home insurance.
Note: if you are looking for insurance for a rental property or a home that is unoccupied, you need a “specialty dwelling” policy and cannot use traditional homeowners insurance. We can also help you with specialty dwelling policies.
Homeowners Insurance Coverage
There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all plan when it comes to homeowners insurance coverage. That is why our team of skilled agents works directly with you to determine which home insurance policy from which carrier is the ideal fit for your residence and lifestyle.
Depending on the specific home insurance policy that you choose, we help you keep your home safeguarded from a wide range of perils including accidents, theft, natural disasters, and more. Here are some of the essential forms of home insurance coverage that we offer:
- Dwelling Coverage: As its name implies, dwelling coverage is a form of homeowners insurance protection that covers your dwelling, or primary residential space.
- Other Structures: This covers any structure on your property that is not permanently attached to your house, like fencing, driveways, sidewalks, and detached buildings like sheds and garages. Usually, this coverage is 10% of whatever your Dwelling limit is, but can be increased if you need more coverage.
- Personal Property: Your home is just as important as the personal belongings inside it. Through personal property insurance, your belongings and heirlooms are covered in the event of theft or peril.
- Personal Liability: As a homeowner, you are liable for any accidents or incidents that occur on your property, that is why personal liability is there to ensure your protection in the event of a lawsuit.
- Medical Expense: this covers medical expenses for guests if they are injured on your property, and in certain cases covers people who are injured off of your property. It does not cover health care costs for you or other members of your household.
- Loss of Use: If an incident, accident, or peril has you temporarily out of your home, then this form of coverage covers all living expenses in the meantime.
- Scheduled Personal Property: there are some situations where you might want special coverage for valuables, or collectibles like jewelry, guns, collectibles, rugs, etc.
Homeowners’ insurance policies will differ by which losses are covered and not, as well as what type of residence you own. When you work with an independent agency such as ours, you choose which policy is best for you, whether it’s a policy that only covers basic or specified losses or a more comprehensive policy that covers losses such as fire, hail, smoke, falling objects, vandalism or theft of personal property.
Just because you are renting your home does not mean that you do not deserve protection.
You can get the security you need as a renter through renters insurance coverage. Whether you are in a townhouse, apartment, condo, duplex, or family home, renters insurance provides you with a basic level of protection so your personal belongings, liability, and temporary living expenses are covered in the event of an accident or incident.
At Safeguard Insurance Agency, we protect what is most important to you so you can have the peace of mind you deserve. Whether you own your home or you are renting, we ensure that you have the personalized house insurance you require. Let us help you protect your assets with renters insurance, homeowners insurance, and other forms of house insurance for Bay City, Midland, MI, Oscoda, Saginaw, Tawas City, and the surrounding areas!
How to Get Started with your Home Insurance Quote:
Every home and situation is unique. Let us carefully craft a policy that’s right for your needs!
If you’d like us to review your current policy or help you with a new policy, we can provide you with no-obligation quotes to compare. Call our office, or enter in some basic information in the fields below to get started online. Either way, we make this process super simple!